Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: Not Available
Lexile® Measure: Not Available
Guided Reading: S
- Civics and Government
About This Book- With the upcoming 2004 elections, Congress is a very timely topic.
- Perfect resource for reports and projects on the Congress, the Senate, the House of Representatives, the structure of U.S. government, the executive branch, and the balance of power.
- Vivid color photographs with lively captions to illustrate key concepts.
- Includes list of organizations and print, video, and online resources for further investigation.
- Includes thorough glossary, index, and notes on research.
- Great to sell with other Watts Library: U.S. Government & Military books.
Grades 5-8 National Social Studies Standards
Time, Continuity, & Change: II
- Identify and use key concepts such as chronology, causality, change, conflict, and complexity to explain, analyze, and show connections among patterns of historical change and continuity.
- Identify and describe selected historical periods and patterns of change within and across cultures.
Individuals, Groups, & Institutions: V
- Analyze group and institutional influences on people, events, and elements of culture.
- Describe the various forms institutions take and the interactions of people with institutions.
Power, Authority, & Governance: VI
- Describe the purpose of government and how its powers are acquired, used, and justified.
- Identify and describe the basic features of the political system in the United States, and identify representative leaders from various levels and branches of government.