Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 5.8
Lexile® Measure: 940L
DRA: Not Available
Guided Reading: Not Available
About This Book- Full-color interiors
- Each biography is over 100 pages
- Series features both historical and contemporary figures
- Perfect for doing reports or additional reading
Curriculum Standards: Grades 5-8 Social Studies Standards
Time, Continuity, and Change: II
- Identify and use key concepts, such as chronology, conflict, and change, to explain, analyze, and show connections among patterns of historical change and continuity.
Individual Development & Identity: IV
- Relates personal change to social, cultural, and historical contexts.
- Describes personal connections to place--as associated with community and nation.
Individuals, Groups, & Institutions: V
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts such as status and social class in the interactions of individuals and social groups.
Power, Authority, & Governance: VI
- Identify representative leaders from various levels and branches of the U.S. government.