Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 6.9
Lexile Measure®: 1000L
Guided Reading: S
- General Nonfiction
- Drugs, Alcohol, Smoking
About This Book
It's known as blow, rock, snow, or crack, but whatever you call it, cocaine — derived from the leaves of the coca plant — is a dangerous drug. Help young readers understand its effects on the body and the treatments available for ending cocaine addiction.
This series is the definitive collection of informational books for intermediate middle grade readers. Watts Library books span all subjects, including animals, space, American Indians, U.S. history, geography, cutting-edge sports, and more!
• Maps, charts, and graphs created expressly for Watts Library
• Sidebars highlighting fast facts, quick biographies, and other extracted information
• Time line (in all social studies titles)
• "To Find Out More" (books, organizations, websites, films/videos, audio)
• "Note on Sources" (a note from the author describing his or her research materials and processes)