Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 7.8
Lexile® Measure: 1010L
Guided Reading: W
- Judges and Courts
- Civil Rights Movement
- Tolerance and Acceptance
About This Book
This interesting book covers a part of American history dealing with segregation and the struggle to equalize educational conditions for blacks and whites. The end of "separate but equal" treatment came about after the Supreme Court voted in favor of the NAACP in "Brown v. Board of Education."
Authoritative and up-to-date, "Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series" is an exceptional and indispensable resource for middle-grade readers.
• Expanded subject coverage
• Subheadings clarify what text is about
• Informative sidebars integrated with text highlight areas of interest
• Glossary words now boldfaced in text
• Comprehensive time lines
• "To Find Out More" sections and index now in every volume