Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 5.6
Lexile Measure®: 910L
Guided Reading: R
- General Nonfiction
- Animal Classification
- Predator and Prey Relationships
About This Book
Learn about the traits, characteristics, and habits of some of the world's most majestic and misunderstood birds in the animal kingdom, including eagles, falcons, and condors.
Children of all ages love animal studies, and "Animals in Order" fits right into the curriculum with easy-to-understand text and breathtaking wildlife photos that introduce a world of spectacular creatures. What does a bobcat have in common with a badger? Are all insects bugs? "Animals in Order" helps middle graders make sense of the animal kingdom by focusing on specific animal "orders" and the traits and behaviors that make them unique.
• Focuses on the traits and behaviors that make each animal order unique
• Breathtaking wildlife photos capture animals in their natural habitats
• "Words to Know" glossary clarifies key terms
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy