Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 5.2
Lexile® Measure: 900L
Guided Reading: R
- General Nonfiction
- Culture and Diversity
Reading Quiz Programs
About This Book- Anything NASCAR is hot, hot, hot!
- Solid information with up-to-the-minute graphic appeal.
- Series features include photos, diagrams, glossary, and resources.
Grades 5-8 Standards for Social Studies
Individual Development & Identity
- Explore factors that contribute to one's personal identity like interests and abilities.
- Analyze a particular event to identify reasons individuals might respond to it in different ways.
- Work independently and cooperatively to accomplish goals.
Individuals, Groups, & Institutions
- Identify examples of institutions and describe the interactions of people with institutions.
- Give examples of the role of institutions in furthering continuity and change.
Production, Distribution, & Consumption
- Distinguish between needs and wants.
- Describe the influence of incentives, values, traditions, and habits on economic decisions.
- Explain/demonstrate the role of money in everyday life.