Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 5.5
Lexile Measure®: 770L
Guided Reading: M
- General Nonfiction
- Communities and Ways of Life
- Play, Games, Toys
- Native American
About This Book
This book briefly describes some of the toys and games used by various North American Indian cultures for amusement and to teach lessons about life.
Each book in this subset covers the history of an American Indian people and their traditional daily life. The books also explore the traditional cultural life of each group, including spiritual beliefs, customs, arts and crafts, and style of dress. An important element of each book is the description of how the tribe was affected by the arrival of Europeans. In cases where the culture still exists, the books discuss how the people live today and how they preserve their culture.
• Superb age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
• Covers all studies, from Animals to Geography to Science
• "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
• "Learning More" section encourages independent study
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy