Grades 3 - 5
Grade level Equivalent: 6.8
Lexile Measure®: 1080L
DRA: Not Available
Guided Reading: P
- General Nonfiction
- Environmental Conservation and Preservation
About This Book
The "Environment & Conservation" subset covers a variety of topics related to environmental problems, preservation, conservation, and research for the future. Readers will learn the benefits of recycling and preserving natural resources, and how to help endangered species. Various energy sources are also explored.
• Superb age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
• Covers all studies, from Animals to Geography to Science
• "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
• "Learning More" section encourages independent study
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy
With simple text and colorful photos, Christine Petersen's Alternative Energy explains the many kinds of alternative energy and how they are used to generate power in the world today.