Grades 6 - 8
Grade level Equivalent: 7.8
Lexile Measure®: 930L
Guided Reading: W
- General Nonfiction
- Westward Exploration and Expansion
- Wars and Military
About This Book
"Remember the Alamo" has been a rallying cry ever since a small band of deerskin-clad troops defended a mission in San Antonio. The background of the battle that affected the history of Texas and the United States is detailed in this book.
Dramatic and defining moments in American history — from colonial times to the present day — come vividly to life in "Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series." A natural extension of the acclaimed original series, the second series returns its focus to the United States with more of what middle-grade teachers and students are looking for to support history, social studies, and geography curricula.
Authoritative and up-to-date, "Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series" is an exceptional and indispensable resource for middle-grade readers.
• Expanded subject coverage
• Subheadings clarify what text is about
• Informative sidebars integrated with text highlight areas of interest
• Glossary words now boldfaced in text
• Comprehensive time lines
• "To Find Out More" sections and index now in every volume