Thumbody Loves You Flower
Elementary-age students will love creating this Valentine's Day craft.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
This colorful, fun craft project, personalized with thumb prints, is the ideal valentine to give to friends and other loved ones.
What You Need:
- 5 die-cut hearts made from pink construction paper
- 6 smaller die-cut hearts made from green construction paper
- 1 die-cut heart made from yellow construction paper
- 1 brown pot
- Red paint or ink
- Thin black marker
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- Glue the 5 pink hearts together and then glue the yellow heart in center of the pink hearts.
- Glue 4 green hearts together. Add the two green hearts to the sides of the four green hearts.
- Glue the brown pot to the bottom of green hearts.
- Glue the pink hearts to top of the green hearts.
- Pour out a small amount of the red paint into a piece of paper or paper plate. Dip your thumb into paint and stamp thumb prints on each “petal” of the heart flower. Be careful not to get too much paint on your thumb or it will smudge!
- Place thumb stamps on the top of the flower pot.
- Draw little hearts in between each thumb print on the flower pot.
- Write on yellow heart “Thumbody Loves You”.