Teaching Tip: Five Simple Steps for Classroom Organization
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8
Staying organized is the secret to staying sane throughout the school year. The more organized you are, the easier your teaching day will be. I recommend these five simple steps for classroom organization:
- Store student work in progress and completed assignments in file boxes. Label the boxes accordingly.
- Organize your closets by storing smaller items in plastic boxes and labeling your shelves.
- Write/post your daily agenda and class schedules for students to see. Many student questions will be answered by simply reading the information.
- Provide a mailbox for each student for distributing weekly assignments and other important information. Students can also store the materials they need to keep in class.
- Place items that appeal to students near your classroom library. This will make your classroom library more fun and inviting.