Sun Catchers Crafts Project
Create these beautiful sun catchers to ring in spring and decorate for spring holidays.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Your students will love creating these faux-stained-glass sun catchers for a classroom springtime celebration!
What You Need
- Coffee filters, at least one per student
- Bingo daubers or Do-A-Dot-Art!™ markers
- Spray bottles filled with water
- Plastic place mats or a space outside
What You Do
- Have your students use pencils to draw spring shapes, such as an egg, shamrock, heart, flower, or bunny, on the coffee filters.
- Have your students cut out their shapes along the pencil mark.
- Let your students use the bingo daubers or Do-A-Dot-Art!™ markers to decorate the coffee-filter shape.
- Have your students either lay their coffee-filter shapes on the plastic place mats or bring them outside before using the spray bottles to create a tie-dyed look.
- Have the students soak their decorated filters with the spray bottles. The water will cause the colors to run and appear tie-dyed.
- Help your students hang their finished crafts to dry.
- Once the coffee-filter shapes are dry, hang them in a window to show off the colors.