St. Patrick’s Day Four-Leaf Clover Craft
These four-leaf clovers will add some shimmer to your classroom!
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with this easy-to-make decoration that uses green glitter and green construction paper. You may want to set up a glitter station to prevent your whole room from turning green!
What You Need
- 9- by 12-inch green construction paper, one sheet per student
- Glue sticks
- Green glitter
What You Do
- Have your students create the stem of the four-leaf clover by cutting a strip about 2 inches wide and 12 inches long from the green construction paper. Set this strip aside.
- Have your students cut out four green hearts from the remaining green construction paper. The hearts should be about the same size. Note: You may want to make a stencil or template for younger students to follow.
- Next, the students should cover the surface of each green heart with glue.
- The students can then sprinkle the green glitter over the glue, wait a few seconds, and shake off any extra glitter. Set the hearts aside to dry.
- Once the glue on the green hearts is dry, help your students glue the points of the hearts to the top of the green stem strip (from step 1) to form a four-leaf clover.
- You can hang the four-leaf clovers to add some shimmer to your classroom, window, or hallway.