Explore different scents with your baby.
- Grades: Infant
What you need:
• cotton balls
• plastic film canisters with lids
• food and flower scents (peppermint, vanilla, and lemon extracts, perfume, etc.)
• non-toxic glue
What to do:
1. Punch holes in the lids of the film canisters.
2. Add a few drops of scent to each cotton ball, place them in the film canisters, and seal the lids with non-toxic glue.
3. Let your baby smell the different scents. Talk with her about what she smells. "Is that sweet? Does that smell like flowers?" Observe her reaction to the scents and point out how she can smell things with her nose.
4. If you have an older child, invite him to try to identify the scents.
• stimulates sense of smell
• promotes language development