Scholastic Teachers August Giveaways Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. How to Enter: Every weekday from August 2, 2010 to August 31, 2010 (the "Promotion Period"), a different question will be posted on www.facebook.com/ScholasticTeachers . In order to enter the daily give-away, email email@example.com with your contact information (full name, mailing address, email) and an answer to the question posted for that day. The subject line will also be stipulated in each post. Emails must be sent between 12pm EST on the day a give-away is posted, and 12pm EST on the following day (each, an "Entry Period"). Only one entry (i.e., email to firstname.lastname@example.org) per person, per Entry Period.
3. Give-Away open to legal residents of the United States age 18 or older, except employees of Scholastic Inc. ("Sponsor"), and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (collectively, "Related Entities"), and the immediate families of each. Give-away is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Give-away is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Except where prohibited, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, age, city and state, likeness, gender, and entry by Sponsor without further notice or compensation.
4. Sponsor, Related Entities and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, shall not be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures of any kind; (b) late, lost, damaged, failed, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages or entries; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Give-Away. Proof of online submission of your entry does not constitute proof of delivery. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
5. Prize: 1 winner each day will receive one product from Scholastic or an approved prize provider. Actual prize and value for each daily give-away will be specified in the [posting] for that day's give-away. Prize is nontransferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed, except by Sponsor in event of prize unavailability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes, if any, on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering this Give-Away, winner and all entrants agree that Sponsor, Related Entities and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees will have no liability or responsibility for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or participation in this Give-Away and they will be held harmless against any claims arising directly or indirectly from the use of any prizes or participation in the Give-Away.
6. If the administration or integrity of the Give-Away is compromised or corrupted at any time, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Give-Away. Sponsor, Related Entities and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees shall not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from entering the Give-Away. Entrants agree that the decisions of Sponsor related to this Give-Away are final. By entering the Give-Away, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Give-Away will be ineligible for prizes.
7. For the name of the winner of an Entry Period (available 24 hours after each Entry Period), send a self-addressed stamped envelope no later than 30 days after the end of such Entry Period to:
Scholastic Teaching Resources
Scholastic Teachers Facebook August Giveaway
524 Broadway, Space #536A
New York, NY 10012.
8. Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012