Santa Ornament Craft Project
Turn your students' handprints into adorable Santa Claus decorations with this craft project that is simple enough for the littlest learners.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
What You Need
- Craft foam or construction paper in red and white
- Cotton balls
- Hole punch
- 8-inch strips of ribbon
- Googly eyes
- Optional: Lamination sheets
What You Do
- Have the student trace his hand on both red and white paper, or trace it for him.
- Cut out the handprints.
- Cut the handprint in half just above the thumb. Discard the finger portion and keep the thumb portion. This will form Santa's hat.
- Lining up the thumbs, glue the red hat onto the white handprint.
- Optional: Laminate the handprint, especially if you're using construction paper. This will help preserve the ornament.
- Glue two cotton balls on each finger and one botton ball on the tip of the hat.
- Glue googly eyes on Santa's face.
- Use marker to make the rest of the face.
- Use the hole punch to make a hole at top of Santa's hat.
- Feed the ribbon through the hole and tie the ribbon in a knot.