10 Ways to Revise an Article
There are many ways to revise a piece of journalism. If you’re stuck for ideas, ask the following ten questions of your piece:
1. Does your article speak directly to the reader?
2. How does it sound when you read it out loud?
3. Is it easy to follow, inviting, and entertaining?
4. Are the sentences too long?
5. Is it too academic sounding?
6. Is it serious when it needs to be and humorous at key points?
7. Does it sound impartial, or does your opinion bleed through?
8. Does it convey the information clearly in digestible portions?
9. Have you checked and double-checked every fact?
10. Is there anyone else you should interview for quotes?