Pot of Gold Handprint
Students create a rainbow handprint beaming from a pot of gold in this fun St. Patrick’s Day craft.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
What You Need
- Green, white, and black construction paper
- Paper plate
- Red, orange, yellow, blue, and green paint
- Paintbrush, optional
- Glue stick
- Gold and yellow circle die-cuts to be used as gold coins (about 5 per student)
- Yellow circle die-cuts to be used as gold coins (about 5 per student)
- White crayon
- Gold glitter
What You Do
- On the black construction paper, draw a medium-sized pot.
- Cut out the pot and set aside.
- Using the paper plate as a palette, drop a few spots of each of the colors of paint. Paint each finger a different color.
- Instruct the students to place their painted fingers on top of the white construction paper and press down firmly to make a clear handprint. (Students can use one paintbrush per color to eliminate the mess!)
- Using the glue stick, glue the construction paper pot below the handprint.
- Glue the gold and yellow circle die-cuts around the top of the pot, making sure not to cover the rainbow handprint.
- Using the white crayon, write the phrase “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” on the pot of gold.
- Frame the pot of gold handprint by gluing it onto a larger sheet of green construction paper.
- For additional shimmer, add gold glitter to the gold coins and to the rim of the pot.