Nameplate Collages Art Project
This inventive craft helps you get to know your students at the start of the school year.
By Laura Murray
- Grades: 1–2, 3–5
What You Need:
- White construction paper, 9- by 12-inch size
- Colored pencils
What You Do:
- Cut a piece of white construction paper in half lengthwise. You will need a half sheet for each student.
- Using stencils, have the students trace the letters of their name on the paper.
- Have children color in the letters of their names.
- Have students browse the magazines and cut out pictures of things they like, such as animals, sports, hobbies, food, or places to travel.
- Students glue the pictures around their names, creating a collage.