Mother’s Day Flower Card
This easy-to-make craft is sure to please moms on Mother's Day!
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
This personalized flower card is a special way for students to express their appreciation for their mothers on Mother's Day.
What You Need
- Orange, green, brown, and white construction paper
- Circle and leaf patterns for younger students
What You Do
- Using a pencil, trace your hand four times on orange construction paper.
- Cut out each of your handprints. These will become the petals of your flower.
- Fold each of the fingers of your handprints like an accordion to create a wavy 3-D effect.
- To make the stem of your flower, cut a strip of green construction paper that is the length of the piece of paper, about 12 inches. Fold the strip like an accordion to create a wavy 3-D effect.
- From the remaining green construction paper, cut out two green leaves. (Younger students may need to use a pattern for this.) Fold the leaves like an accordion to create a wavy 3-D effect.
- To create the center of your flower, cut from brown construction paper a circle that's about 4 inches in diameter. (Younger students may need to use a pattern for this.)
- To assemble your flower, arrange your handprints in a circular pattern on a piece of white construction paper and then glue in place.
- Glue the brown circle in the middle of the petals.
- Glue the stem below the flower and then glue the leaves to the flower’s stem.
- Cut a photograph of your face into a circle and glue it to the brown construction paper in the flower's center.
- Using markers, write a special Mother’s Day message to your mom on the top of the card!