Milk Carton Vases for Mother’s Day
Create a beautiful vase of paper flowers in this unique craft project.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Your students will have fun creating this craft to give to their moms on Mother's Day!
What You Need
- Milk carton
- Construction paper
- Tissue paper
- Pipe cleaner
What You Do
- Open the entire top of the milk carton and rinse the carton with warm water. Let the carton dry overnight.
- Cut a length of construction paper to wrap around the sides of the carton.
- Glue the construction paper to the milk carton.
- Decorate the vase by gluing on tissue-paper designs, adding stickers, or drawing with markers.
- To make the stem of a flower, apply glue to the sides of a pencil and carefully wrap the pencil with green tissue paper.
- Form the blossom of your flower from tissue paper.
- Use a pipe cleaner to attach your tissue-paper blossom to the pencil.
- Create as many stems and blossoms as desired.
- Place completed flower or flowers in the milk carton vase.