Activities and Games
Inspire your children with these materials to sort, compare, order, measure, and count.
- Grades: Early Childhood, PreK–K, 1–2
- all types of blocks
- construction or building toys
- animal or vehicle counters
- colored plastic jewels
- toy animals
- dolls and dollhouse furniture
- counting cubes and links
- small items of clothing (such as socks and scarves)
- leaves and stones
- floor tiles and fabric scraps
- paint-sample cards
- keys, coins, and other purse contents
- anything you can think of!
Click here for Teacher Tips on making the most of these manipulatives!
This list originally appeared in the January, 1998 issue of Early Childhood Today.