Make Marshmallow Snow
Students create and decorate their own snow-scape with candy and colored sugar in this fun wintertime craft!
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Create a beautiful, three dimensional winter scene with candy and marshmallows to decorate the classroom or send home with your students!
What You Need
- Mini marshmallows, white or colored
- Construction paper
- Glue (liquid)
- Colored sugar
- Crayons or markers
What You Do
- Using a pencil, draw a snowman, snowflake, or a simple winter scene on construction paper.
- Use glue to cover the pencil lines.
- Glue marshmallows and M&Ms over the lines to create a three-dimensional picture.
- Add more glue and sprinkle with coloroed sugar to create a snow effect wherever you like.
- Let the picture dry.
- Add more details to your picture with crayons or markers.
- Allow the picture to dry completely before hanging. Overnight is best.