Abraham Lincoln Mask Craft Project
This craft will complement a Presidents' Day lesson, as well as a celebration of Lincoln's birthday on February 12.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Students create a wearable Lincoln mask in this quick and fun craft project.
What You Need:
- Black construction paper (9x12)
- Hat template
- Paper plate
What You Do:
- On a piece of black construction paper, trace the hat template and then cut it out.
- Using the rest of the paper, cut many thin strips of black construction paper.
- Cut out the center of a white paper plate.
- Crumple the small black strips of paper and glue them to the paper plate to make a beard.
- Glue the black hat to the top of the paper plate.
- Glue a popsicle stick to the bottom of the plate to make a handle for your mask.