Lovebug Craft for Valentine's Day
Celebrate Valentine's Day by having students create this fun, holiday-themed craft.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
Students can assemble this festive craft project, using die-cuts, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes, as a classroom decoration or Valentine's Day gift.
What You Need:
- Light-colored die-cut hearts, 4 per student
- Dark-colored die-cut hearts, 2 per student
- Googly eyes, 2 per student
- Pipe cleaners cut into 1-inch pieces, 2 per student
- Heart stickers, at least 4 per student
- Glue sticks
- Glue dots, 2 per student
- Thin black markers
What You Do:
- Help your students use the glue sticks to attach the four light-colored die-cut hearts together in a vertical line to create the body of the bug.
- Have your students glue the two dark-colored die-cut hearts onto the sides of the bug body to make wings.
- Have your students draw a smile on the bug's face, with optional heart "cheeks" in addition to the mouth.
- Have the students glue on the googly eyes.
- Have the students twist two pipe cleaner pieces around their fingers to create a corkscrew shape.
- Help your students use two glue dots to attach the pipe cleaners to the back of the bug's head.
- Now your students can finish their bugs by decorating the wings with heart stickers.