Lion and Lamb Masks
Students create and wear one of these masks to celebrate spring and be like March: in like a lion, and out like a lamb!
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Turn white paper plates into cute lion and lamb masks, so that students can become lions or lambs to celebrate springtime.
What You Need
- White paper plate (1 or 2 per child depending on whether they make one or both of the animal masks)
- Brown and yellow construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Tongue depressors
- White, pink, yellow, and brown construction paper
What You Do
- Cut the center out of the paper plate and discard it.
- To make a lion mask, cut small strips from the brown and yellow construction paper. Glue the strips on the paper plate to make the lion's mane.
- To make a lamb mask, glue cotton balls to the plate, covering it.
- Glue a tongue depressor to the back of the animal plate to create a handle for the mask.
- Cut ears for the lion or lamb mask from the white, pink, yellow, or brown construction paper.
- Glue the ears to the top of the plate on the back.
- Put on the mask to become like spring: in like a lion or out like a lamb!