Leaf Animals Craft Project
Take a nature walk to find leaves, twigs, and grass to inspire your students' artwork.
By Laura Murray
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
What You Need:
- Bags (any type)
- Construction paper in white or other light colors
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Markers (optional)
What You Do:
- Take the class on a nature walk. Each student should have a bag to collect leaves, grass, twigs, bark, acorns, or other natural items.
- Back in the classroom, give each student a piece of construction paper.
- Direct your students to glue their items into shapes of animals or insects. They can add googly eyes for fun and use markers or other leaves for background scenery.
- Finish by having students share a sentence or short story about their animal creations.