Activities and Games, Article
Holiday Craft: Popsicle Stick Christmas Trees
This holiday craft project is fun, easy, and uses items you may already have in the classroom.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
The holiday break is coming and your student are getting antsy, so take a break from the daily rigors of classwork with a creative project. This simple craft will keep them focused and having fun.
What You Need
Each student should have their own setup with all of the following items.
- Green, yellow and brown paint
- Popsicle sticks: 2 large, 3 medium, and 2 small
- Wooden star cutout or small die-cut star
- Decorations such as glitter, stickers, sequins, and foam cutout
- Craft glue
Step By Step Instructions
- Take a large Popsicle stick and place it vertically, to make the base for the other sticks.
- Next, you'll make the bottom branch of the tree. Glue the second large Popsicle stick across the bottom of the first, leaving just enough room to form a tree trunk.
- Glue the three medium-sized sticks horizontally above the large stick.
- Glue the small Popsicle sticks above the medium sticks, leaving enough room for the star on top.
- Paint the tree trunk brown and the branches green. Or whatever colors inspire you!
- Set aside to dry.
- Paint the star yellow, or use glitter and glue to jazz it up. Set aside to dry.
- After all your elements are dry, glue the star to the top of the tree
- Add decorations to the tree