Holiday Craft: Christmas Tree Ornament
Use recycled holiday greeting cards in this festive craft project
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
What You Need
- Yarn cut in 6-inch strips, with a knot on each end
- A circle pattern
- 5-inch paper plates
- Used Christmas cards (If you don't have any Christmas cards, you can also use Christmas wrapping paper.)
- Cotton balls
- Silver glitter
- Glue gun
What You Do
- Trace a circle on the Christmas cards around the focal point of each image.
- Give each student a paper plate and a Christmas card.
- Have the student cut out the circle on her card.
- Glue the circle on the plate.
- Put glue around the plate and stick cotton on the glue.
- Put a small amount of glue on the cotton.
- Sprinkle the plate with glitter.
- Using the glue gun, attach the yarn to the back of the plate, so the student can hang her ornament.