Students can create this cute craft to receive and store their Valentine's Day cards.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Turn a brown bag into a cute little friend who sits on your desk and collects your Valentine's Day goodies!
What You Need
- Brown bag
- One large red heart
- Two 12-inch long by 1-inch wide red strips of construction paper
- Two 6-inch long by 1-inch wide red strips of construction paper
- Six small pink die cut hearts
- Two googly eyes
- One pink pom pom
- Heart stickers
- Glue stick
- Thin black marker
What You Do
- Glue two pink hearts onto the large red heart. These are the eyes.
- Glue googly eyes in the middle of the pink hearts.
- Glue the pink pom pom onto middle of large red heart to be the nose.
- Draw a smile on the large red heart.
- You've made the Heart Buddy's face!
- Glue the large red heart on the top of the brown bag.
- Add heart stickers wherever you like.
- Accordion-fold two 6-inch strips of red paper. Glue them to the bottom of the brown bag to make legs.
- Glue one pink die cut heart to the end of each leg to form feet.
- Accordion-fold two 12-inch strips of red paper. Glue them to the sides of the brown bag to make arms.
- Glue one pink die cut heart to the end of each arm for hands.