Hands Down, Best Mom
Students create a bouquet of heartfelt messages to give to their moms for Mother's Day.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Students write special notes on a bouquet of handprints in this personalized Mother's Day craft.
What You Need
- Construction paper in various colors
- Crayons, colored pencils, or markers
- Craft sticks
What You Do
- Using a pencil, trace your hand on five pieces of construction paper in different colors.
- Cut out the traced hands.
- On each hand cutout, write something you love about your mother.
- Glue each hand onto a craft stick.
- Cut out leaves from construction paper.
- Glue the leaves to the craft sticks, below the hand cutouts.
- On construction paper, draw a flowerpot and then cut it out.
- Write “Happy Mother’s Day” on the pot and decorate it.
- Glue the end of each craft stick to the back of the flowerpot to make a pot of hand flowers.