Celebrate St. Patrick's Day by having students create this fun, holiday-themed craft.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
This leprechaun handprint craft is a fun project to make for St. Patrick's Day.
What You Need
- Orange paint or markers
- Peach paint or markers
- Green, white, and black construction paper
- Yellow button
- Sharpie permanent marker
- Shamrock stickers, if desired
What You Do
- Paint your student's fingers orange and palm peach. Do not paint the thumb.
- Place the painted hand on white construction paper to leave a handprint.
- Add some hair to the handprint by painting the heel of the palm print orange. Allow the print to dry.
- Cut a hat out of the green construction paper.
- Cut a stripe for the hat out of the black construction paper.
- Glue the hat and stripe together and then glue the combined piece onto the leprechaun print.
- Glue a yellow button in the middle of the black strip. (If you don't have a yellow button, you can use any color button and paint it yellow.)
- Using a Sharpie permanent marker, draw on a face.
- Frame the white paper by gluing it onto a larger piece of black or green construction paper.
- Write "Happy St. Patrick’s Day" on the image.
- Add shamrock stickers as decorations!