George Washington Mask
To celebrate George Washington's February 22 birthday, students create a mask of the first president.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Try this easy-to-make craft project for your Presidents' Day celebrations. Your students will love wearing their Washington masks.
What You Need:
- 4 to 5 cotton balls
- Blue, red, and white construction paper
What You Do:
- Cut out the PDF template pieces.
- Trace the large hat template on the blue construction paper.
- Trace the medium hat template on the red construction paper.
- Trace the small hat template on the blue construction paper.
- Trace the bow and the head templates on the white construction paper.
- Cut out the template pieces from the construction papers.
- Glue the large blue hat onto the head.
- Glue the medium and small hat on top of the large blue hat. This will create a layered effect.
- Glue the bow under the chin.
- Using your red marker, draw stripes on the legs of the bow. You can use red crayons or red paint for this portion of the activity.
- Draw George Washington’s face onto the head. Include a smile and a big nose!
- Glue three cotton balls onto each side of the head as his hair.