Fun Bone Facts
Fun facts about bones!
- Grades: 1–2, 3–5, 6–8
• Bony Babies: A person has more than 300 bones at birth and only 206 bones as an adult. Over time, small bones fuse together.
• First Aid: When broken or fractured a bone can actually repair itself. Casts help bones grow in the right direction.
• Boning Up: Over a period of about seven years, each bone in our body is slowly replaced until it is a new bone.
• Head Case: The bones in the skull fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. Sutured joints help to form a hard case that protects the brain and other sensory organs.
• Busy Bones: Every second, our bone marrow produces two million red blood cells.