Friendly Ghosts Craft Project
Get in the spirit of Halloween with this festive decoration.
- Grades: 1–2, 3–5
These charming ghosts will make your classroom boo-tiful!
What You Need:
- Small balloons
- Paper or plastic cups
- Fabric stiffener
- Cheesecloth, cut into pieces large enough to cover and drape over the inflated balloons
- Googly eyes
- Tacky glue
- Black construction paper
What You Do:
- Blow up and tie off balloons, one for each student.
- Each student should turn a cup upside down. Then, have them secure the tied end of the balloon to the top of the cup with several pieces of tape.
- Pour fabric stiffener solution into a bowl and have each student soak a piece of cheesecloth, then drape it over their balloons. Allow each to dry completely.
- When the cheesecloth is dry, use a needle to pop the balloons and reveal the circular shape of the “ghosts.”
- Have students remove their ghosts from the cups, then use their fingers to fray the edges of the fabric.
- Students glue the googly eyes onto the ghost with tacky glue.
- For a mouth, have students cut out a circle from black construction paper, then glue it onto the ghost.