Elementary-age students will love creating this Mother's Day craft.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Students can create this colorful, fun craft project as a personalized gift for mom on Mother's Day.
What You Need
- Paints in rainbow colors (or a rainbow stamp pad)
- White and black construction paper
- Brown markers
What You Do
- Paint the bottom of your student's right foot and toes with rainbow stripes.
- Stamp the foot on white paper, to the left of center. Allow the footprint to dry.
- Repeat with the left foot, stamping this print next to the right so the pinky toes almost touch.
- When the footprints are completely dry, use the brown marker to draw the body of the butterfly between the two footprints.
- Draw antennaes on the butterfly with brown marker.
- Dip your student's index finger in paint and use that finger to dot the end of each antenna to complete it.
- Using the marker, add dotted lines from the bottom of the butterfly to the bottom of the paper to create the butterfly's path.
- Write the child’s name beside the path.
- Frame the print by glueing it onto a larger piece of black or colored construction paper.