Egg Carton Butterfly Craft
Students create and decorate their own butterfly in this fun springtime craft.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8
Ring in spring with this festive craft that utilizes egg cartons, craft paint, construction paper, and pipe clearners.
What You Need
- Egg carton
- Craft paints in assorted colors
- White construction paper
- Watercolor paints in assorted colors
- Pipe cleaner
What You Do
- Cut a piece of egg carton for the butterfly body like the one shown in the picture.
- Paint the egg-carton body using the craft paints.
- From a 9-inch by 12-inch piece of white construction paper, cut out wings for the butterfly.
- Decorate the butterfly wings with the watercolor paints.
- Once all of the paint has dried, glue the egg-carton body to the butterfly wings.
- Cut a 5-inch piece of pipe cleaner, fold it in half, and glue it to the head of the egg-carton body to form antennae.
- Enjoy your cute little spring butterfly craft!