Craft Stick Reindeer Ornaments
Here comes Rudolph and all of the other reindeer! Students create adorable mini-reindeer ornaments from craft sticks.
- Grades: 1–2, 3–5
Students paint and decorate cute reindeer ornaments that will brighten any Christmas tree.
What You Need:
- Brown tempera paint
- Craft sticks, one per student
- Googly eyes
- Small red and brown pom-poms
- Brown felt
- Red or white yarn
What You Do:
- Have each student paint a craft stick with brown paint. Set them aside to dry.
- While the paint sticks are drying, have students cut two antlers out of the brown felt. Small children may need assistance or a pre-made pattern.
- Once the painted sticks are dry, have children glue the googly eyes in the center of the sticks and a red or brown pom-pom on the bottom for the nose.
- Students can now glue the antlers to the top half of the back of the sticks.
- Finally, children can glue a yarn loop to the top or back of the sticks. Hang and enjoy!