Craft Project: Nameplate Mosaics
Students make colorful nameplates using paper mosaic pieces.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
What You Need:
- Black marker
- Construction paper, any color, cut into 6- by 18-inch rectangles
- White glue
- Construction paper in various colors, cut into 1/8-inch squares. These will be the mosaic pieces.
What You Do:
- Trace your students’ names on the construction paper rectangles.
- Separate your mosaic pieces by color and distribute.
- Have students trace the first letter of their name in white glue.
- Have children choose two colors of mosaic pieces then place them in an A-B-A-B pattern over the glue, covering the entire letter.
- Students should repeat Steps 3 and 4 for each letter of their name, using different color combinations for each letter.
- Allow the nameplates to dry.