Christmas Tree Button Craft
Brighten the holiday season with these colorful collage scenes.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
Students create a wintry Christmas tree scene with colorful buttons for tree decorations and cotton balls as falling snow.
What You Need:
- Construction paper in green, brown, and blue
- Buttons in various colors
- White cotton balls
- White rickrack
What You Do:
- Have students cut one large triangle from the green construction paper and one small rectangle from the brown construction paper.
- Hand each student a piece of the blue construction paper and have them place it vertically in front of them.
- Students should glue the brown rectangle vertically at the bottom center of the blue paper to represent the tree trunk. Glue the green triangle at the top of the brown rectangle, to complete the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Then, children glue various colored buttons onto the tree, however they like, to represent the tree lights and ornaments. They can add one at the top of the tree to represent the star.
- Students complete the scene by gluing cotton balls around the tree like falling snow. Glue white rickrack to the bottom of the blue paper to represent the already-fallen snow.