Chinese Dragon Mask Craft
Students can wear these festive masks to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Your students will love painting and decorating these masks for a classroom celebration or Chinese New Year parade!
What You Need
- Paper plate
- Tissue paper
What You Do
- Paint the cardstock with bright colors, then cut out shapes to decorate the masks. Make horns, noses, and spikes.
- Cut strips of tissue paper for more decoration.
- Paint the back of the plate. Let it dry.
- Cut two eye holes into the plate.
- Glue the tissue paper strips and the horns, noses, and spikes to the masks.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut a length of string long enough to go around the child's head but still fit snugly to hold the mask up.
- Punch a whole on each side of the plate. Tie the string on each side.
- Adjust the string as needed to keep the child's mask on.