Best Practices: Teaching with Classroom Libraries
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8
Research shows that having a wide range of quality books in the classroom contributes to students' reading success. The following "5 Steps to Creating Your Own Classroom Library" will help you get started with planning, organizing, and sustaining your collection.
5 Steps to Creating Your Own Classroom Library
1. Understand How Classroom Libraries Work: Research & Results.
2. Plan Your Classroom Library.
3. Set-up & Organize Your Classroom Library for Success.
4. Sustain Your Classroom Library with Skill Building Collections & Professional Teacher Resources.
5. Teach With Your Library — Provide Structure and Guidence for Independent Reading.