Apple Sponge Printings Craft
Armed with sponges and red paint, young students will have fun creating prints of apples.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
This super-simple craft is a great way to celebrate fall, apples, or the color red. Students will have fun sponging on the paint to create these pretty apple printings.
What You Need:
- Apple pattern
- Cardstock paper, any color
- White construction paper
- Red paint
- Paper plates
- Small sponges, one for each student
What You Do:
- Download and print the apple pattern onto cardstock, one for each student.
- Students cut out the apples from the cardstock.
- Ask children to spread the apples on a piece of white construction paper.
- Pour a bit of red paint onto paper plates for the students.
- Have students lightly dip a small sponge into the red paint, then dab around the outside of each apple. [See image for Step 2]
- Set the artwork to dry.
- Remove the apples from the artwork.