Apple Core Craft
Young students explore fall’s favorite fruit with this hands-on activity.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
While creating a core, seeds and all, students learn what’s inside of an apple.
What You Need:
- Large paper plates (one per student)
- Red or green tissue paper
- Coffee beans
What To Do:
- Students create an apple core shape by cutting a wide “U” into the paper plate, then another opposite the first one.
- To create the “skin” of the apple, have students tear the tissue paper into small pieces, then roll them into little balls and glue them onto the two ends of the core.
- Have children glue a handful of coffee beans onto the middle of the core, to represent seeds.