Abraham Lincoln Hat Pencil Holder
Store your pens and pencils in this cute holder!
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Glue and paint a toilet paper roll on a paper plate in this quick and inexpensive craft for Presidents' Day.
What You Need:
- Toilet paper rolls, one per student
- Small paper plates, one per student
- Black paint
- White paint
- Hot glue gun
What You Do:
- Give each student a toilet paper roll and a small paper plate. Provide each student, or table or desk group, with black and white paint.
- Have your students use the black paint to paint both the paper plate and the toilet paper roll completely black. Set these aside to dry.
- Have your students mix the remaining black and white paint to make gray paint.
- When the plates and toilet paper rolls are dry, have your students paint a stripe of gray along the base of the toilet paper roll.
- Once the gray stripe is completely dry, help each student glue the toilet paper roll to the paper plate with your hot glue gun.
- Your students can fill their hats with pencils or other school supplies.