Abraham Lincoln Hat Pencil Holder
Store your pens and pencils in this cute holder!
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Glue and paint a toilet paper roll on a paper plate in this quick and inexpensive craft for Presidents' Day.
What You Need:
- Toilet paper roll (one for each student)
- Paper plates
- Black paint
- White paint
- Hot glue gun
What You Do:
- Give each child a toilet paper roll. You can trim them down if you like.
- Cut the paper plates into circles large enough to be used as the base of the hat.
- Paint both the plate circles and the toilet paper rolls with black paint.
- Allow the black paint to dry for a few minutes.
- Mix some black and white paint to make gray paint.
- After the plate and toilet paper roll are dry, paint a strip of grey along the base of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the top of the hat to the circle with a hot glue gun.
- Fill with pencils and enjoy!