Online Learning Activities, Writing Activities
The premiere site for kids' and teens' writing instruction and online publishing, Write It is packed with step-by-step workshops, tutorials, and activities to help motivate students to become great writers.
- Grades: 6–8, 9–12
Scholastic’s “Write It” student activity for older students incorporates interactive tutorials, exercises, publishing opportunities, message boards, and creative ideas — all meant to help students through the writing process and sharpen their skills.
- Master Class with Featured Writers shows students how successful writers balance artistry with technique.
- Students can read interviews with U.S. Poet Laureate Ted Kooser and Pultizer Prize-winning journalist Nigel Jaquiss for inspiration.
- Chat With Fellow Writers allows students to get feedback on their writing from their peers.
- Student can submit their works to be published online and read published work in Scholastic’s showcase of student work.
- Students can learn to Build Your Portfolio to showcase their best writing.
- Meet our Author Panel of young writers who serve as advisors to Write It, offering further inspiration to students.
Plus, step-by-step workshops help students improve in the following variations of writing: