Computer Lab Activities
Women Who Changed History
Celebrate Women’s History Month by studying five women who made a difference, from Sally Ride to Rosa Parks.
- Grades: 3–5, 6–8
In “Women Who Changed History,” students participate in reading and writing activities while learning about these five brave, innovative and determined women who made history in the U.S.
- Dr. Mae Jemison, the first African-American female astronaut
- Amelia Earhart, the first female pilot to fly across the Atlantic
- Rosa Parks, the “Mother of the Civil Rights Movement”
- Sally Ride, the first American woman to enter space
- Melba Pattillo, one of the first African-American students to integrate into a formerly all-white high school in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Extension activities include writing a newspaper article or persuasive essay about these key leaders in the women's movement.