Interactive Whiteboard Activities, Book Resources
The Underland Chronicles: A Flashlight Readers Activity
Fans of the book will love these fun, interactive activities related to The Underland Chronicles.
- Grades: 3–5, 6–8
“Explore the Underland,” an online literary experience from Scholastic’s Flashlight Readers, brings the popular book by Suzanne Collins to life.
- Help Gregor save his friends before the gnawers attack in the Gnawer’s Labyrinth.
- Use the Creature Creator and design a body, give it personality, then put it in a scene from the Underland.
- Listen to Suzanne Collins share how she created characters who are in “serious conflict.”
- Read a Q&A with author Suzanne Collins on creepy animals, the Underland, if she’s ever been lost, and more.
- Meet the Author by reading this brief bio.
- Get recommendations for More Best Books that fans of The Underland Chronicles will enjoy
- Read “Series Information on all of the Gregor books.
While participating in “Flashlight Readers,” students will:
- Offer observations, make connections, react, speculate, interpret, and raise questions in response to text
- Identify and discuss book themes, characters, plots, and settings
- Connect their experiences with those of the author and/or with characters from the books
- Support predictions, interpretations, conclusions, etc. with examples from text
- Practice key reading skills and strategies (cause-and-effect, problem/solution, compare-and-contrast, summarizing, etc.)
- Monitor their own comprehension