Computer Lab Activities, Interactive Whiteboard Activities
Solids, Liquids, and Gases: A StudyJams! Activity
Reinforce key concepts about the states of matter and keep students engaged with this interactive StudyJams! Activity.
- Grades: 3–5
What is matter? Scholastic’s “Study Jams: Solids, Liquids & Gases,” for grades 3–5, uses an engaging three-minute animated video to explain how matter changes states through heating or cooling.
Students can also:
- Sing karaoke (music and lyrics are provide) about matter
- Take a multiple-choice quiz on what they’ve learned
- Consult a list of related vocabulary words.
Students participating in Solids, Liquids & Gases will:
- Recognize that matter has three forms: solid, liquid, and gas
- Demonstrate understanding that each state of matter has distinct properties
- Explain the role of heat in changing matter from one property to another