Computer Lab Activities, Interactive Whiteboard Activities
Max's Math Adventures
Hosts Max and Ruthie challenge young students to solve real-world math problems by using clues embedded in fun, rhyming poems.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
“Max's Math Adventures” are math and language arts activities created specifically for students in grades K-2. Each adventure focuses on one math skill integral to the K–2 math curriculum. Hosts Max and Ruthie challenge young students to solve real-world math problems by using clues embedded in a fun, rhyming poem. Students will receive immediate feedback from Max, and are often encouraged to self-assess by comparing their answers to Max and Ruthie's.
Choose from 19 different skills, including:
- Shapes (Fantastical Zoo)
- Linear measurement (Max’s Measuring Mania)
- Addition (Card Castle Addition)
- Subtraction (Subtraction Square Dance)
- Size comparison (Size By Your Eyes)
- Number patterns (Magnifying Max)
- And more!
Students can also try their hands at the Extra Challenges — extension activities of different levels to accommodate students' varying needs. Plus, additional Activity Pages feature a bonus activity related to the poem and an illustration to color in.
By participating in Max's Math Adventures, students will:
- Apply math skills to solve problems
- Find mathematical problems in everyday situations
- Relate everyday language to mathematical problems and symbols
- Use creative thinking and math skills to figure out the solution
- Use an interactive online form